Try something new with your kids! This Fall, The U.S. Tennis Association (USTA) will be bringing their popular Play to Learn Tennis program to Maui. Children as young as 6 years old can sign up for weekly lessons in Kahului or Makawao. Racquets & balls are provided, so your kids simply need to show up and have fun!
Coach Enrique Cordoba, who has been teaching tennis for 24 years, is thrilled to jumpstart this program in Maui. He customizes the lesson to the kids’ age and skill level by using different tennis balls. Instead of the yellow tennis balls typically seen in adult competitions, the USTA tennis program supplies low-compression red, orange and green balls that moves slower and bounces lower. This helps young beginners to gradually develop their focus and hand-eye coordination, all while having fun with their new friends on the court.
“Tennis is a tool for physical, mental and emotional development.
It’s about helping the kids build confidence in a fun environment.”
— Coach Enrique Cordoba, 24 Years Teaching Tennis —
- Active kids mean healthy kids. Tennis builds muscles, improves heart health and decreases stress.
- Minimal injuries. Statistics show that tennis, a non-contact sport, causes less injuries than most other youth sports.
- Inexpensive lessons. Lessons start at an affordable rate of under $7 per hour & we provide all the equipment.
- Individual & team play. Whether your child is shy or outgoing, tennis can be formatted to their personality and social comfort.
- Whole family fun! Tennis is a lifetime sport for all ages, which means that kids can play with their siblings, parents and grandparents!
Fall Session One: September 11 – October 16, 2017
Session runs for six weeks, with a one-hour lesson each week. For locations & times, visit www.trytennishawaii.com and click on “Fall 2017 Neighbor Island Class Schedule.”
WIN FREE LESSONS FOR YOU & A FRIEND!
Tennis is always more fun when you play with a friend. The USTA is offering Maui Mama readers an opportunity to win free tennis lessons for you and a friend.
- Like Mauimama on Facebook
- Like USTA Hawaii Pacific Section on Facebook
- Tag a friend in the Mauimama post mentioning the giveaway
Winner will be announced on August 30 and will receive (2) complimentary registrations for Fall Session One. Both participants must live on Maui.
ABOUT THE USTA HAWAII PACIFIC SECTION
The United States Tennis Association Hawaii Pacific Section (USTA HPS) is one of the 17 geographic Sections within the USTA organization. Incorporated in 1973, the Hawaii Pacific Section currently embraces over 6,000 members across the Hawaiian Islands, American Samoa, Guam & Northern Marianas. The Section’s Play to Learn Tennis program is the largest tennis lesson program in the state of Hawaii, with lessons occurring year-round at over 25 locations.