We all made it through a super intense beginning of the year; now with the New Moon in Taurus, you can allow yourself the luxury to slow down. Think about how you can truly thrive in your life. What does it take to feel comfortable in your body, your physical circumstances? Are you creating your life according to your core values towards your dreams? The New Moon and Full Moon in general are both accentuating your emotional integration with your consciousness. With the New Moon we are getting a new chance in the area reflected by the sign it is in. With the Full Moon, feelings are more turbulent and we are becoming deeply aware of the possibilities symbolized by the sign fully reflecting the light of the Sun.
The New Moon in Taurus at 16 Degrees, May 6 at 12:29 pm PST
Taurus connects us with our physical needs and we learn to honor the temple of our body as a vehicle for our soul. I suggest: take care for your well-being, get a massage or a facial, eat healthier than usual, take a cooking class, get a blender for smoothies, make your own sauerkraut (cultured vegetables with good bacteria for your gut), try out that yoga class or learn paddle boarding. The possibilities are endless!
The Full Moon in Sagittarius at 1 Degree, May 21 at 2:14 pm PST
With the Full Moon in Sagittarius you can connect with an emotional fullness and deeper alignment with your guidance system and what is truly important to you. To help do this we need a little culture shock to gain a truly integrated, bigger picture of ourselves in life. Sagittarius asks us questions such as: Are you living a courageous life? Do you trust in the goodness and unfolding of life? Do you step out of your comfort zone once in a while? How identified are you with your beliefs and thoughts?
I always suggest to my clients with Sagittarius themes in their chart to challenge their own beliefs and step out of a habitual, unconscious way of creating their life. A truly fabulous, hilarious movie might help you to expand your horizon. I recommend “Meet the Patels”. I laughed really hard! And it has depth too! If we can laugh at ourselves, we lose that righteousness and entitlement which can make us so ignorant of a higher truth and be potentially dangerous. For peace to become a reality each one of us needs to learn to broaden our mind, calm down, listen, meditate and contemplate the endless diversity of life. Only an inclusive state of mind and heart will allow you to truly contribute to life from a higher perspective.
Here are the other highlights for the month:
• This New Moon is the third out of 3 Super New Moons (Super Moons pulling heavily on the earth’s crust and bodily electro-magnetic fields).
• People with the Sun or planets in fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius) around 16 degrees will be especially impacted.
• With 4 planetary bodies (Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus) in Taurus we are asked to settle down, take a deep breath, relax and enjoy.
• Jupiter is turning direct again on May 9 at 13 degrees of Virgo and will free up energies to move forward with projects in a successful manner. In the center of that process is the realization that our belief systems, and cultural conditioning are the frame work we are moving in and potentially hold us back. We now are having celestial support to move beyond our comfort zone into new experiences.
• Also on May 9 Mercury makes a rare transit over the disc of the Sun which only happens 13 to 14 times in a century. Last one was 2006, next one will be 2019. This position of Mercury joining closely with the all-powerful Sun, might bring special insights and understanding around wealth consciousness and practical applications in life.
• May 22 Mercury turns direct in Taurus again. Mercury rules areas such as our social activities, our communications, travels, computers, electronic devices to name a few examples. With Mercury turning direct, things will go more smoothly and perhaps your computer might not act up as much.
• Mars opposing the Sun in Gemini might fuel impatience, self-righteousness and hubris, the idea that there is only one true way.
As you can imagine, there is so much more I want to share with you; so head over to my YouTube channel Shakti Carola Navran and look at the more in-depth videos I prepared for you for the New and Full Moon in May.
Image Credit: Shakti Carola Navran