The Mission Read more [...]
Place Category: Community Services (Kokua)
The Maui County Early Childhood program offers the following services:
• Information about child care services and financial assistance
• County Early Childhood Resource Center (Free Lending Library)
• Pre-kindergarten transition programs
• Early childhood family education programs
• Good Beginnings at Makawao School
• Workshops and resources about early childhood topics for parents/caregivers of young children
• Supporting child care programs working towards licensing, accreditation
• Resource for early childhood education “best practices”
• Assistance in the development of new center-based and family childcare programs Coordinating within early childhood care and education system.
They also oversee the Maui County Child Care Subsidy:
The criteria for eligibility for the Good Beginnings Maui County Child Care Subsidy are as follows:
Address to Mail Application:
Good Beginnings/MFSS 1844 Wili Pa Loop Wailuku, HI 96793
￼￼• Parents/Guardians must be working or in school/job training at least 30 hours per week. (A request for an exception to this requirement can be considered. The applicant must submit a written request explaining the family’s situation and attach it to the application.)
• Maximum allowable monthly gross income based on family size is shown in the Income Guideline Table on the first page of the application. This is a baseline requirement and does not automatically mean that a family will qualify for assistance.
• Eligible children must meet age requirement.
• Eligible child care providers must be licensed by the State of Hawaii Department of Human Services (i.e. preschool, infant/toddler center, or licensed family child care provider). A list of qualified providers may be obtained from PATCH at 242-9232.
Call them at (808) 242-1608 for current deadlines and cut off date of births.