The cove is Read more [...]
Beach Category: Beaches
- Honoapiilani Highway, about 3 miles south of Lahaina town
- Keiki swimming area, surfing, sand, grass and shade
- Free parking at park and across the highway
- Grills and outdoor tables
- Crowded on weekends, popular for birthday parties
- Close to Olowalu store and Leoda’s bakery in Olowalu for lunch, snacks and beach supplies
This is a great beach for kids of all ages. The shallow inlet is perfect for the little ones who can’t swim yet while the waves in the summer are perfect for keiki learning to surf. The water is shallow but there is reef and vana (sea urchins) so if you have surf shoes it can be smart to wear them.
Launiupoko is a great SUP location, great place to learn to surf and fun place to meet friends and have food on the grill. Plenty shade, grass, sand and beautiful sunsets.
Also great place to see fireworks go off over Lahaina on fourth of July.