If you̵ Read more [...]
Beach Category: Beaches
- Located between Paia and Haiku off Hana Highway.
- Picnic tables and pavilion.
- Parking lot
- Popular for surfers all year and windsurfers on windy days.
- Tide pools are fun for small children.
- On the far right of beach is a nice swim spot and where turtles beach on the shore.
- Shower and rest rooms (when they are open!)
This is a great local family beach. In the summer waves are perfect for your grom to surf and in the winter you can witness or surf some of the best waves on the island.
There isn’t much shade on the beach so tents and umbrellas are advised if you have little ones. Turtles regularly come to hang out on the sand and at sunset twenty or so can come up to sleep on the beach. Two main areas for kids to play in the water are one to the far right and one for the older kids just to the left of the steps by the shower. There is also a cool tide pool area you can sit in with your little one in front of the steps. It is a fun place to have kid’s birthday parties.
Ho’okipa is also one of the best windsurfing spots in the world so when the conditions are right, sitting on the bluff (to the left of the beach) and having a family picnic while watching some of the best windsurfers and kite surfers in the world can be a treat.