Yoga’s primary focus is on general well-being. Using a holistic approach, Yoga teaches us to look at ourselves, and the world around us differently. Not just a system of physical exercises or stretches, Yoga emphasizes love, compassion, knowledge and right action as paths towards healing. By giving us the tools for self examination, Yoga helps us manage the stresses of everyday life with greater ease and can transform all aspects of our lives.
The benefits of Yoga are endless and range from being outward and physical to being internal and spiritual. Below is a list of 11 great benefits of yoga:
- Increased muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- Improved bodily awareness
- Enhanced circulation and blood flow
- Stimulation of immune and endocrine systems
- Re-oxygenates body by encouraging deep breathing
- Boosts self esteem and self knowledge
- Improved concentration and creativity
- Lower stress levels, better able to handle stressful situations
- Higher sense of compassion for self and others
- Promotes well being, happiness and Aloha
- Teaches us to better manage our reactions and responses to everyday situations
Come find a class and start to reap the rewards.
Image Credit: Body Alive Yoga