As the days start to get a little cooler, nights get a little longer and Halloween is around the corner, we know that fall is here. This is a fun time of year for our little ones. The excitement of Halloween and pumpkins can be enjoyed and explored around the island. Compiled are the top 10 things to do on Maui during fall/Halloween. Click on the links if you want to learn more details about each activity.
- Go enjoy a fun fall festival, which are often also a way to support our schools and keiki. For example, October 23rd Emmanuel Lutheran School will be celebrating all things fall with their Pumpkin Festival. Here you can join the community in helping to raise money for the school so they can contribute more to their community, enjoy ono food, live entertainment, take the little ones to play games, find a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch, buy a local craft and much more!
- Go Upcountry to the Kula Country Farms and enjoy the views while picking out a pumpkin, exploring the Corn maze, visiting the farm animals, and eating great food. They also have contests you and your little ones can participate in, such as costume and pumpkin pie contests. Click on link to find out more.
- Take your family on an adventure or themed Hike. This time of year Maui is delighted by the performance put on by Haiku’s Awalau Farm – The Haunted Haiku Hike and Myths of Avalon Faerie Festival. There isn’t anything normally like this on Maui so is a great treat. October 24th-25th, noon-6 pm.
- Join the Annual Keiki Halloween Costume Parade on Front Street at 4:30pm October 31st
- Create a fabulous Halloween/fall art project at Monkeypod Art Studio in Wailuku. They have awesome fun ideas and plenty of materials, so your little one can take home a masterpiece. MauiThing on Market Street also does a great art project second Saturday of the month.
- Go to a show. This fall we have Starry Night Cinema at the MACC showing Hotel Transylvania Saturday October 30th, gates open at 5:30pm. We also have a great theater in Wailuku, that at this time of year presents an all child cast performance. Humpty Dumpty is Missing will be playing two weekends starting October 31st and is something that will inspire and entertain your kids.
- Take the little ones trick o’ treating around a store or local Mall. Here on Maui they will be accommodating little trick o treaters and have fun activities set up at the Maui Mall (October 30th), Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (October 31st), and Lahaina Cannery Mall (Oct 31st) and Target (October 25th).
- Enjoy a trick ‘o treating alternative. Rather than going up to houses on a street, Haiku School opens up its grounds for a Trunk o’ Treat and a movie. Sleepy Hallow Haunted House & Trunk o’ Treat will be on October 24th starting at 5:30pm. This is also a great way to support Haiku School raise money for their students.
- Halloween Keiki Story Time. The week leading to Halloween all the libraries will be hosting special Halloween Story Times at their usual designated story days see calendar for time and days. On October 25th Whole Foods will also be putting on a fun Halloween story time for our little ones.
- Go hiking up in the forest. Now that the temperature is cooling it is a great excuse to put on your boots and jackets and feel like it is fall. Makawao Forest Reserve and Olinda Forest are highly recommended.
Enjoy, Happy Halloween!