Maui Sage Life is introducing new classes this summer to inspire and guide families throughout pregnancy, postpartum and parenting. Each class and group is held at different times and locations around the island in an attempt to accommodate as many families and their schedules as possible.
* Breast-feeding Happy Hour: An informal group for pregnant families, moms, partners, nursing babies and keiki to take a little break, connect with other families and professionals, learn about breastfeeding, talk story, ask questions and discuss different lactation topics each meeting. New experts in varying fields will be available each month to offer education and support. Non-alcoholic drinks, lactation treats and other goodies provided!
* Hau‘oli Hāpai Hui: A group for pregnant women to meet, connect, and to learn about what’s happening with their bodies and babies. We will stretch, discuss birth intentions, listen to special expert speakers, discuss new topics each week and have plenty of time to talk story and ask questions! I explain things that are often forgotten, intentionally left out, uncomfortable for some to ask about and discuss newly proven evidence and practices.
* Pregnancy to Parenthood Workshop: Learn EVERYTHING you need to know about your body, conception, pregnancy, labor, postpartum, breastfeeding and infant to teenager care in this interactive workshop.
* NEW Expectant and Experienced Daddy/Partner Preparedness Workshop: An educational meeting for men/partners thinking about having children and the changes that will take place for them, their partners and overall life. Dads/Parents-to-be, as well as, experienced dads have an opportunity to learn everything they want and need to know about conception, pregnancy, labor, birth, parenthood and all of the vital roles that daddies/partners play.
* Current Kupuna: We love, respect and need our Kupuna. This is an opportunity for grandparents, aunties and uncles, and other care providers to learn about the safest, evidenced-based, current pregnancy, birth, infant and child care practices.
* Sibling Preparation Party: A super fun and unique way to help prepare the whole family for the new shifts to come! Celebrate the newest member(s) of the family and learn how to smoothly transition and enjoy this time together while empowering older siblings to love and help with the new baby and feel important. Some of the activities include learning about loving, feeding, bathing, bedtime, playing, holding, helping, and how to prepare for baby and more. Age appropriate activities, discussions, games and projects will be provided.
* Date the Doulas: An excellent opportunity to connect with families and birth workers, as well as, discover the unique services and resources that are available on Maui. Similar to “Speed Dating”, each Doula will have a chance to briefly introduce themselves to the entire group, then have a semi-private space so each family can have one on one time to ask more specific and personal questions. Information on Doulas and the benefits of working with one, suggested interview questions, local resource guide and more will be provided.
If you are interested to learn more or to reserve your space please contact Brittany Harris at (808) 283-4793 or go to the website www.mauisagelife.com
Image Credit: Sage Life