Having a new baby is a wonderful experience that causes many shifts in our lives and bodies. These changes to our daily routines can make it hard for us to find the time or energy for self-care. However, in order for us to thrive as caregivers, it is important that we take time to connect to our bodies, quiet our minds, and nourish our spirits. And what better way to do this than in a setting where we can bring our babies with us?
Baby and Me Yoga is a great practice that provides a safe space for us to take care of our bodies while incorporating quality time with our little ones. Being able to practice Yoga with our babies has a long list of positive benefits, including:
• Helps you reconnect with your body while building strength and flexibility.
• Is a restorative practice for neck/shoulder/back pain.
• Relieves stress through mind-body connection, while conscious breathing calms our mind and nervous system, encouraging more restful sleep.
• Helps to balance the effects of pregnancy to restore full use and function of pelvic floor and other core muscles.
• Positively effects our mood and outlook, and can help reduce the possible symptoms of postpartum depression (aka baby blues).
• Provides a unique opportunity to bond with your baby and connect with other mothers with children of similar age in your community.
• Provides a safe space to nurture and care for yourself while taking care of your baby’s needs (napping, feeding etc).
• You don’t need a baby sitter to participate.
So get out of the house, nurture your amazing mama body, and come explore this modern twist on the traditional practice of Yoga with Body Alive Yoga in Wailuku.
We are excited to be hosting a 6 week Baby and Me Yoga class series (up to one years old) starting May 20th every Friday from 11:00am-12:30pm. ($75 plus tax for 6 week series). To kick off the series and let you mamas sample the class, we will be hosting a workshop the week before on Friday May 13th from 11:00am-12:30pm. ($18 plus tax for workshop).
For more information on location and pricing or to pre-register please call 808 359 1060. Mahalo and Happy Mother’s Day!
Image Credit: Cadencia Photography